Shawn Mendes cancels rest of world tour for mental health break


Canadian pop star Shawn Mendes has canceled the rest of his world tour to take care of his mental health, the singer announced in an Instagram post on Wednesday.

“After talking more with my team and working with an incredible group of healthcare professionals, it’s become clearer that I need to take the time that I’ve never personally taken to ground myself and come back stronger,” said said the 23-year-old. wrote the singer.

“I unfortunately have to cancel the rest of the North America and UK/Europe tour dates.”

This includes four dates in Canada: two shows in Toronto on July 31 and August 2; and two shows in Montreal on August 15 and 16.

Mendes assured fans that the canceled tour won’t impact his plans to make new music — or perform on stage again in the future.

“I promise to come back as soon as I have taken the time to heal,” he wrote.

Earlier this month, Mendes told fans he would be taking a three-week break from touring, postponing a series of shows in the US, saying he had ‘reached a breaking point’ after touring regularly since the age of 15.